Steven R. Kuhn
After almost four decades as a trial attorney whose practice has been limited to all aspects of personal injury and civil litigation, Steven R. Kuhn, Esq. is focusing his career on dispute resolution. He has mediated and arbitrated cases in the field of personal injury and business litigation, as well is in other fields such as homeowner association, real estate, employment and construction defect matters. Mr. Kuhn has been recognized by colleagues and clients alike for his professionalism, sensitivity, knowledge, and preparedness. His integrity and fairness are matched by his willingness to persist and resolute calmness through complex and difficult hearings. Plus, he maintains a success rate in excess of 90 percent in resolving mediated matters. One attorney commented "In my opinion, Mr. Kuhn's solid grasp of the law together with his strong reputation in the community helped me get my matter resolved to my client's complete satisfaction."
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Law Offices of Steven R. Kuhn, an emphasis in personal injury, attorney negligence, business litigation cases, mediation and arbitration (2009-2011). Served as a private mediator since 1998.
- Law Offices of Kuhn & Belz, an emphasis in personal injury, professional negligence, business, construction defect and real estate litigation cases (1998-2009).
- Law Offices of Steven R. Kuhn, an emphasis on personal injury, attorney negligence and business litigation cases (1979-98)
- Associate, Hunt, Liljestrom & Wentworth, Santa Ana, CA., with emphasis in plaintiff personal injury (1976-79)
- Associate, Parker, Stanbury, McGee & Babcock, Los Angeles, CA., emphasizing insurance defense (1973-76)
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law (1973)
- B.A., Economics, University of California at Los Angeles (1970)
- Handled Numerous Trials, Arbitrations, and Mediations in Both State and Federal Courts
- Arbitrator and Mediator for Orange County Superior Court (1981-2013)
- Mediator for Los Angeles Superior Court (2003-2013)
- Settlement Officer for United States District Court for the Central District of California
- California Continuing Education of the Bar, Lecturer
- Consumer Attorneys Association of California, Lecturer
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, Lecturer
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Top Attorneys In Southern California - 2011-2015 Honoree by Los Angeles Magazine
- Southern California Super Lawyers® - 2010 to 2015 Honoree
- Recognized for Top AV Rating By Martindale Hubble for over 25 years
- Named one of the Top Attorneys in Orange County by Orange County Metro Magazine and Orange Coast Magazine
- “Named a Rising Star” by The Daily Journal in 2014 for the top Mediators in California
- Economic Honor Society - U.C.L.A.
- Top 10% of class, Law Review - Southwestern University
- Recipient of Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Services Award
- California Trial Lawyers Association (recognition of experience in areas of trial lawyer, general personal injury, product liability and professional negligence)
- Member Million Dollar Advocates Forum